Willpower is a dangerous lie we use to beat ourselves up when we can’t stay away from chocolate. Or get started on a new morning routine. Or any number of ways we like to “should” ourselves. I think willpower is nonsense and that knowing if you’re an all or nothing or moderate type of person will help you finally stick with a new habit.
Is consistency the one thing standing between you and getting stronger and more flexible? Change the unchangeable by dialing in your daily routine of bodywork, movement, and more inside Movement Mavens. Learn body maintenance and movement mastery so you know exactly what to do to get stronger, more flexible and feel amazing every day (it’s more than just stretching). Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why the idea of willpower is a lie
- Why knowing your own tendencies is more important
- How you can get into (and stick with) a consistent habit
- Why I don’t bring chocolate into the house unless I plan on eating the whole thing (and other ways I set myself up for success)
- Stress Less this Winter Challenge (free!)
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala: https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Body Freedom Self-Assessment – a free quiz that will guide you towards the best next step for you to get rid of tension, stiffness, soreness and pain – take it now at www.bodynerdshow.com
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com