Whether you work from home or the office – ending your workday with no pain is a herculean task.
Human bodies weren’t designed for technology – and I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready to give up my computer and phone.
The next best thing is making it less stressful on your body. But how do you set up your workspace to optimize posture and alignment? Is it sitting? Is it standing? Is it the super fancy desk chair that you’re hoping you can talk your boss into buying?
In today’s episode, I’m doing everything I can to make ergonomics fun – starting with the history (did you know it was coined by a Polish scholar in 1857?) and ending with the best setup for your body.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The best way to set up your desk so you can work from home or the office with less pain
- The history of ergonomics
- And sitting or standing – which is better?
- Premium Black Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat for Standing Workstation Office Desk
- Low cost DIY Standing Desk
- How to Build the Ultimate Standing Desk (this is my current set up)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com