Have you ever had a tension headache? The slow-building creep of debilitating tension that freezes your neck in place? With a bonus headache that wraps all the way around your brain?
It sucks. 😩
Like most headaches, there is no single cause – but what’s going on in your jaw and neck definitely plays a part. Which also means addressing tension and weakness in the neck and jaw can help.
So if you’re stressed out, tense, and living with those headaches that feel like your skull is being squeezed, today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Common causes for tension headaches
- How jaw dysfunction and tension are related to headaches
- Why neck strength is the ticket to getting out of pain
- Jaw Pain Self-Care Guide – www.aewellness.com/jawpain/ use code BODYNERD164 at checkout to save $10
- Cervical muscle co-activation in isometric contractions is enhanced in chronic tension-type headache patients
- Neck/shoulder function in tension-type headache patients and the effect of strength training (Journal of Pain Research (NZ))
- Osteopathic correction in treating patients with tension headache symptom against TMJ dysfunction
- Tension-type headaches (Cleveland Clinic)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com