So you’ve seen me talk about therapy balls for every part of your body – but have you ever wondered how they work? Then today’s episode is for you!
Therapy balls and soft tissue mobilization is a key component of the mobility workout plans I create for clients for good reason – when it comes to improving flexibility and decreasing pain, they are the best tool for the job.
So whether you’ve got a mobility closet full of therapy balls or you’ve never tried them, if you’re interested in getting out of pain, then today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How therapy balls work
- What myofascial release is
- How to incorporate soft tissue mobilization into your routine so you can enjoy life with less pain
- Neural correlates of a single-session massage treatment. (Brain Imaging and Behavior 6 2012)
- Deep tissue massage and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for low back pain: a prospective randomized trial. (The Scientific World Journal 2014)
- Effects of Massage on Muscular Strength and Proprioception After Exercise-Induced Muscle Damage (Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2015)
- Myofascial Tissue and Depression (Cognitive Therapy and Research, 2021)
- Clinical massage and modified Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation stretching in males with latent myofascial trigger points (Physical Therapy in Sport, 2010)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com