Have you ever tweaked your low back? First of all, it sucks.
But coming back from a low back injury without worrying about doing it again is a very steep, uphill battle.
Is it just muscles? Is it degeneration? Is it arthritis? IS IT SI JOINT PAIN? 😱
It can all be very overwhelming. But you know I’m all about helping you better understand what’s going on so you can make the best next step for yourself
So today, we’re diving into all things SI joint. Yep, the sacroiliac joint.
So buckle up, grab a heating pad (or your therapy balls), and let’s dive in.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The anatomy of the sacroiliac joint
- Why low back pain may actually be coming from your pelvis
- And the role hypermobility plays in SI joint pain
- How to Find Neutral Spine (AEWellness YouTube)
- Follow the Leader Exercise for Core and Spine (AEWellness YouTube)
- Hip Flexor and Quad Therapy Ball Stretch (AEWellness YouTube)
- Hamstring Massage with Therapy Balls (AEWellness YouTube)
- [Anatomy, Abdomen and Pelvis, Sacroiliac Joint](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507801/#:~:text=The SI joint is a,strong%2C C-shaped layers.) (National Library of Medicine)
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain: A Comprehensive Review of Anatomy, Diagnosis, and Treatment (Anesthesia & Analgesia, 2005)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com