Not all jaw pain is TMJ – but there can be lots of issues here from muscular tension and pain to arthritic changes in the joint.
The more you can understand HOW the temporomandibular joint actually functions, the better decisions you can make about what the next best step is for you.
So whether you suffer from tension headaches, jaw pain, neck pain, or are just curious – today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- All about TMJ (aka temporomandibular joint)
- Why headaches and TMJ issues go hand in hand
- The best massage and self-care techniques to address jaw pain
- Jaw Pain Self-Care Guide
- Easy massage for jaw pain (no equipment!) (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Jaw and TMJ Relief with Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Neck Massage with Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Massage Therapy in Myofascial TMD Pain Management (Advances in Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Wroclaw Medical University Press, Poland, 2012)
- Nonpharmacological therapies for temporomandibular disorders: a review (Medical Data Mining, 2020)
- Epidemiological analysis on 2375 patients with TMJ disorders: basic statistical aspects (Annali de Stromatologica [Rome]) 2013
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com