If I had a dollar for every time someone told me they didn’t have physical therapy post-surgery or injury or that they didn’t do their PT homework – I’d be a millionaire! To be honest, I really think we collectively don’t understand what PT’s do and going to them with the expectation to “fix us” isn’t a good use of their knowledge.
On this episode, I step onto my soapbox on if you really need PT, why any good rehab program addresses both the hardware and the software, and why doing your homework really does matter.
What’s your favorite self-care hack that helps you feel amazing every day? I want to know! Leave me a message on Instagram (@hollaformala) or a voice message at 818-396-6501.
If you believe that life without pain is possible, but you’re not quite sure how to get there – let’s talk. Book a free Movement Magic Call and get clarity on where to focus your self-care energy and figure out what small shifts will get you on the fast track to waking up without pain, every day. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/apply
What you’ll learn from this episode:
– Why any good rehab program needs to retrain the software and hardware
– Why we shouldn’t look to our care providers to fix us
– When you should go to a physical therapist
– Why the most important work you do happens between appointments
- Join the Pain-Free. Every Day. FB community https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Download a free plan with 9 simple things to soothe yourself when you’re in pain http://www.aewellness.com/pain-free
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com