Welcome to AE Wellness!
Therapy Ball FAQ
Care + keeping of your new Therapy Balls
Store them in a opaque gym bag or closed container where they will not be exposed to direct sunlight. Daily use and then putting them away afterwards will help maintain their grippy texture for many uses. I use the same pair of therapy balls anywhere from 6 months to a year – it just depends on how soft you like them.
If you need to clean them – a damp towel with a super mild cleaning agent (tea tree oil or some Dr. Bronner’s) is great. To be honest, I do not clean my personal therapy balls often – I know where they’ve been and who they’ve touched. I do, however, have a separate pair that I use ONLY on my face for that concern.
How do I break in my new Therapy Balls?
Get in the habit of switching between therapy balls every time use them – this will ensure that you don’t break one in and neglect the other! When you use two to roll up and down your spine, you don’t want one that is overly soft and one that is hard.
Where should I roll?
Still not sure? I designed my 15 day Self-Care Startup Guide to help you build a self-care practice for every part of your body and mind. Instead of stressing out over what to roll – let me do it for you! Learn more about it here.
Where should I NOT roll?
- Don’t roll on bruised or actively injured tissue (perimeter and surrounding areas are fine)
- Avoid the belly with solid therapy balls – the Coregeous ball is safe here
- Avoid the inside of the wrists (Carpal tunnel area)
- If you feel extra sore a tender 1-2 days after rolling, you probably over did it. Lessen your pressure or intensity the next time you roll that same site. Gives you a great reason to roll a different body part each day!
- If you’re ever unsure or something feels creepy, just move the therapy ball up, down, left or right of where it currently is until it feels better.
How often should I do my self-care routine?
I have personally had the most success in carving out dedicated time each week where I roll and sticking to it. This will ensure it becomes part of your regular routine.
A 20-minute session can really do wonders for your overall health and well being! Ready to get started? I designed my 15 day Self-Care Startup Guide to help you start a self-care practice from the ground up. Each day, I’ll guide you through self-massage, mobility and mindfullness with videos and pictures to help reset your body and mind. Don’t stress about what to do – let me show you how! Learn more here.
You're not broken and pills won't solve your pain - ditch the bandaids for tailor-made fixes that will teach you how to get you out of pain and stay that way.
Ready and committed to getting stronger and out of pain? Let's talk. Click here to apply for a free 10-min Movement Magic call so we can get started.