About AE Wellness
9 things to soothe your pain, asap
Download the FREE plan
Self-Care + Wellness Coach
Hi! My name is Alex – I’m a coach, writer, former yogi, kettlebell devotee, and 100% Body Nerd.
I teach people how to use self-care and movement to feel amazing every single day.
With a degree in Exercise Biology, experience in physical therapy and athletic training, and a decade of training people in body-weight strength and stretch programs, I now teach people in months what took me so long to figure out: how stay out of pain while getting stronger and more flexible (without having to spend hours in the gym).
My life’s mission is to better understand how the body works to help you take back control of your self-care, strength, and injury recovery. And your journey to being pain-free and feeling amazing every day doesn’t have to be complicated – we can even get you there in less than 15-mins a day.
5 Things You Wish You Could Ask Me (but now don’t have to!)
- My perfect day would start with a hot cup of Earl Grey tea (with a splash of NutPods), journaling, a book, a hike with my dog and husband, and the rest of the day at Disneyland!
- If I was stranded on a deserted island, the 5 things I’d want to bring along are my Therapy Balls, dark chocolate, a 35 lb Kettlebell, a Kindle pre-loaded with every New York Times Best Seller and an umbrella to enjoy my books in the shade.
- If I need a reset, you can find me at Disneyland – I love that it is so curated and predictable. Feeling like a kid helps me to reset! (and yes, I always wear my Mickey ears)
- My daily non-negotiable self-care is walking, gratitude and a good night’s rest. Without any of these three, I end up feeling on edge and stressed out.
- If I wasn’t in fitness I’d be a chef – I love eating just as much as I love cooking. I cook meals at home 4-5 days a week (and freeze the rest to pull out on a leftovers night!)
My podcast Behind the Podium: Unveiling the Coach where my podcast partner, Jared and I discuss the struggles, philosophies, and evolving practices of coaching with leaders from all walks of life.
Most Recent Article
Have you ever set a super lofty workout goal like “I’ll go to the 6am spin class every week!”. But then the day comes, your alarm goes off at 5am and the LASTTTTT thing you want to do is crawl out of bed? What if instead of punishing yourself with workouts, they were...read more
My writing has been featured on the following websites:
Education and Training:
University of California, Davis
- Bachelor’s of Science, Exercise Biology
Yoga at the Village
- 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
- 500 hour Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
Silver Lake Yoga
Los Angeles, CA
- 85 hour Specialty Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Juliette Kurth and Leah Miller
Yoga Tune Up®
- 70 hour Yoga Tune Up® Certification course with Jill Miller
- 8 hour Therapy Ball Practitioner course with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Core Integration Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Shoulders Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Hips Immersion with Jill Miller
- 15 hour Integrated Embodied Anatomy with Sarah Court
- 8 hour Roll Model Method® Ball Sequencing & Innovation
- Six-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshop with Gil Hedley, completed in 2013
- Member of Yoga Alliance and International Yoga Therapists Association.
- Extensive experience in human anatomy gathered from cadaver anatomy laboratory and lecture at University and multiple anatomy workshops.
- CrossFit Mobility Course with Dr. Kelly Starrett, DPT of MobilityWod.com
- Six-Hour Continuing Education Cadaver Studies with California State University, Northridge Physical Therapy Dept.
- 18-hour Quantum Leap Movement Educator workshop with Sarah Court
- 12-hour Kettlebell Athletics Training with Clifton Harski
- 5-hour Regeneration Techniques to Optimize Performance with Brandon Marcello
Want to feel amazing, every day?
Schedule your free Movement Magic Call and get clarity on where to focus your energy and exactly what tweaks to make to get on the fast track to feeling amazing, every single day.
Click below to get started.