With my degree in Exercise Biology and more than a decade of training people in body-weight strength and stretch programs, I now teach people in months what took me so long to figure out: how stay out of pain while getting stronger and more flexible (without spending hours in the gym).
Feeling absolutely amazing in your body can be super simple.
Stick with me and I’ll teach you how to make body maintenance and movement mastery a fundamental part of your wellness routine…
So you can enjoy your life without pain.
My first experience with lower back pain was in college.
I was right in the middle of my exercise biology degree and working as a student athletic trainer, but book smarts didn’t help me beyond putting some ice on it.
While it was the most memorable, it wasn’t my first injury and definitely wasn’t my last.
But as I move my body with ease (and without fear), every injury has taught me more about how the body moves and how to not only heal from pain but avoid it entirely.
From IT Band syndrome, countless ankle sprains, bicep tendon dislocations, back pain, knee pain, TMJ, tension headaches and more – I’ve seen a lot.
And every injury taught me a valuable lesson – that beyond accidents, 99.9% of pain is caused by poor movement mechanics.
Getting rid of pain is as simple as learning how to move well and maintain your body and then building strength.
I’m stronger and more resilient now than I’ve ever been.
And it’s certainly not because I’m younger.
It’s possible to feel as young as you do in your head and change the unchangeable when you understand the foundations of moving well.
My mission is simple: to teach you how to make body maintenance and movement mastery a fundamental part of your wellness routine so you can have more fun and enjoy life without pain.
Whether you’re a beginner or a stretch-xpert, I have the perfect option to help you stop feeling out of control and start trusting what your body can do.
From in-person events, virtual group coaching and custom-tailored private coaching – I can help you get stronger and more flexible so you can enjoy life without pain.
Whether you work from home or the office - ending your workday with no pain is a herculean task. Human bodies weren't designed for technology - and I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to give up my computer and phone. The next best thing is making it less...
On Skinfessional, we’re on a mission to be more honest about the real struggles, mistakes, and flat out failures that happen when you build a spa or salon business.
How to Do a Great Workout at Home
“And if you don’t have dumbbells or jugs of water or heavy books, you can just use your body weight in old-school exercises like those you did in junior high P.E. class. Alexandra Ellis, a mobility coach in Los Angeles, likes to mix core moves like crunches, planks, bicycles or leg lifts with cardio with moves like jumping lunges, burpees, jump rope, or running.”
“Focus on the basics such as planks, pushups, squats, leg lifts, or bicycles and burpees for an easy workout that will build strength and get your heart rate up. My favorite way to build a workout is to do 4 rounds of 5 exercises for 45 seconds of work, followed by 15 seconds of rest,” Ellis told Healthline.”
13 Ways to Navigate Quarantine Like a Pro
“It can be hard to step away from the news when every update feels urgent, but being mindful about media consumption can help you manage emotions and reduce anxiety. “We can’t control what’s happening in the world,” says wellness coach Alexandra Ellis, “but you can control what you allow into your mental space.”
with Nikki Naab-Levy and Janet Sunderland
Ep #3: On balancing self-care, mobility, and strength
Education + Training
University of California, Davis
- Bachelor’s of Science, Exercise Biology
Yoga at the Village
- 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
- 500 hour Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
Silver Lake Yoga
Los Angeles, CA
- 85 hour Specialty Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Juliette Kurth and Leah Miller
Yoga Tune Up®
- 70 hour Yoga Tune Up® Certification course with Jill Miller
- 8 hour Therapy Ball Practitioner course with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Core Integration Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Shoulders Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Hips Immersion with Jill Miller
- 15 hour Integrated Embodied Anatomy with Sarah Court
- 8 hour Roll Model Method® Ball Sequencing & Innovation
- Six-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshop with Gil Hedley, completed in 2013
- Member of Yoga Alliance and International Yoga Therapists Association.
- Extensive experience in human anatomy gathered from cadaver anatomy laboratory and lecture at University and multiple anatomy workshops.
- CrossFit Mobility Course with Dr. Kelly Starrett, DPT of MobilityWod.com
- Six-Hour Continuing Education Cadaver Studies with California State University, Northridge Physical Therapy Dept.
- 18-hour Quantum Leap Movement Educator workshop with Sarah Court
- 12-hour Kettlebell Athletics Training with Clifton Harski
- 5-hour Regeneration Techniques to Optimize Performance with Brandon Marcello