Welcome to AE Wellness!
9 things to soothe your pain, asap
Download the FREE checklist
Self-Care + Wellness Coach
Hi! My name is Alex and I teach people how to get out of pain (and get stronger and more flexible in the process). My teaching and studies focus on injury prevention, rehabilitation and wellness, inspired by my studies at UC Davis where I earned a BS in Exercise Biology. My life’s mission is to better understand how the body works to help you take back control of your self-care, strength, and injury recovery. I will teach you how to be your own expert so that you can be confident in your skin and trusting of your body.
5 Things You Wish You Could Ask Me (but now don’t have to!)
- My perfect day would start with a hot cup of Earl Grey tea (with a splash of NutPods), journaling, a book, a hike with my dog and husband, and the rest of the day at Disneyland!
- If I was stranded on a deserted island, the 5 things I’d want to bring along are my Therapy Balls, dark chocolate, a 35 lb Kettlebell, a Kindle pre-loaded with every New York Times Best Seller and an umbrella to enjoy my books in the shade.
- If I need a reset, you can find me at Disneyland – I love that it is so curated and predictable. Feeling like a kid helps me to reset! (and yes, I always wear my Mickey ears)
- My daily non-negotiable self-care is walking, gratitude and a good night’s rest. Without any of these three, I end up feeling on edge and stressed out.
- If I wasn’t in fitness I’d be a chef – I love eating just as much as I love cooking. I cook meals at home 4-5 days a week (and freeze the rest to pull out on a leftovers night!)
My podcast Behind the Podium: Unveiling the Coach where my podcast partner, Jared and I discuss the struggles, philosophies, and evolving practices of coaching with leaders from all walks of life.
Follow AE Wellness on
Most Recent Article
I pretty much knew medical school was a no-go when the application asked “What’s the last book you read?” and all I had was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 😳 So I doubled down and refocused my efforts on PT school. I’d already been through physical therapy as a...read more
My writing has been featured on the following websites:
Education and Training:
University of California, Davis
- Bachelor’s of Science, Exercise Biology
Yoga at the Village
- 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
- 500 hour Teacher Training with Elyse Briggs and Carl Dawson
Silver Lake Yoga
- 85 hour Specialty Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Juliette Kurth and Leah Miller
Yoga Tune Up®
- 70 hour Yoga Tune Up® Certification course with Jill Miller
- 8 hour Therapy Ball Practitioner course with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Core Integration Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Shoulders Immersion with Jill Miller
- 20 hour Hips Immersion with Jill Miller
- 15 hour Integrated Embodied Anatomy with Sarah Court
- 8 hour Roll Model Method® Ball Sequencing & Innovation
- Six-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshop with Gil Hedley, completed in 2013
- Member of Yoga Alliance and International Yoga Therapists Association.
- Extensive experience in human anatomy gathered from cadaver anatomy laboratory and lecture at University and multiple anatomy workshops.
- CrossFit Mobility Course with Dr. Kelly Starrett, DPT of MobilityWod.com
- Six-Hour Continuing Education Cadaver Studies with California State University, Northridge Physical Therapy Dept.
- 18-hour Quantum Leap Movement Educator workshop with Sarah Court
- 12-hour Kettlebell Athletics Training with Clifton Harski
- 5-hour Regeneration Techniques to Optimize Performance with Brandon Marcello
Let's Work TogetherWant to improve your posture? Reduce stress? Enhance your mobility? Check out my current class schedule, teacher trainings and events – I also do customized coaching sessions, both in person and online, as well as corporate wellness and team sessions.
Let’s chat and work something out!