All things skin care, skin fitness, SPF and more with skin fitness expert and friend, Cybil Solyn. Cybil has been instrumental in helping me get clearer and more healthy skin, even after two rounds of Accutane couldn’t clear up my acne. On today’s episode, she answers your biggest questions around skin care and how to take excellent care of the largest organ in your body.
If you believe that life without pain is possible, but you’re not quite sure how to get there – let’s talk. Book a free Movement Magic Call and get clarity on where to focus your energy and figure out what small shifts will get you on the fast track to feeling strong and amazing, every day. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/apply
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- All things SPF: how to use it, if higher is actually better and if SPF clothing does what you think
- How the ingredients in the products you use around your face (shampoo included!) can be the source of breakouts
- And if jade rollers are really as beneficial as Instagram wants us to think they are
- Cybil’s Instagram: @yourskinfitnessexpert
- Cybil’s Website
- Join us for the Body Nerd Garage (Oct 12-13 in Los Angeles)
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala: https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Body Freedom Self-Assessment – a free quiz that will guide you towards the best next step for you to get rid of tension, stiffness, soreness and pain – take it now at www.bodynerdshow.com
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com
I have been thinking about this podcast since I binge-listened to all your podcasts a number of weeks ago.
Although your guest’s point of view is popular with a number of people, the science suggests otherwise. Did you know that wearing sunscreen interferes with your ability to make Vitamin D? That the frequency of all cancers increases as we move away from the equator and presumably get less sunlight?
In California maybe you get plenty of sunlight but here in Ireland at least half of residents are deficient in Vitamin D because of or latitude and our climate . This is likely increasing along with the number of dark-skinned immigrants. Along with Vitamin D deficiency comes increasing frequency of degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and many others.
Of course, it is never a good idea to get sunburned, but we need sun exposure on “unprotected” skin, the more skin, the better. That is because the more skin we expose to the sun, the shorter time it takes to make Vitamin D. If you can see your shadow and you are taller than it is, you can make Vitamin D, so here in Ireland that means midday sun, contrary to what is often advised.
If you would like to know more about the science of Vitamin D and sun exposure, I would recommend the website Grassroots health. You might even see can you score an interview for your podcast with Carol Baggerly or one of the scientists involved in this project.
Sunlight is an essential nutrient, not something to be afraid of. We don’t need unlimited amounts of it and too much can be harmful, just like many other nutrients.