Does icing actually work? Chances are that you’ve grabbed an ice pack for bumps and bruises. We all do it, but I wanted to really know, is icing actually effective for healing? Before you grab another ice pack – listen to today’s episode…
Is consistency the one thing standing between you and getting stronger and more flexible? Change the unchangeable by dialing in your daily routine of bodywork, movement, and more inside Movement Mavens. Learn body maintenance and movement mastery so you know exactly what to do to get stronger, more flexible and feel amazing every day (it’s more than just stretching). Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why icing isn’t the best way to treat pain
- How current research on icing doesn’t have lots of answers
- Why rest, ice, compression, and elevation won’t get rid of pain entirely
- And what you should do instead
- Movement Mavens: www.aewellness.com/mavens
- Swenson, C. , Swärd, L. and Karlsson, J. (1996), Cryotherapy in sports medicine. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 6: 193-200. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0838.1996.tb00090.x
- Hubbard TJ, Denegar CR. Does Cryotherapy Improve Outcomes With Soft Tissue Injury?. J Athl Train. 2004;39(3):278–279.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala: https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Body Freedom Self-Assessment – a free quiz that will guide you towards the best next step for you to get rid of tension, stiffness, soreness and pain – take it now at www.bodynerdshow.com
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline. Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com