Does icing actually work? Chances are that you’ve grabbed an ice pack for bumps and bruises. We all do it, but I wanted to really know, is icing actually effective for healing? Before you grab another ice pack – listen to today’s episode…
If you believe that life without pain is possible, but you’re not quite sure how to get there – let’s talk. Book a free Movement Magic Call and get clarity on where to focus your energy and figure out what small shifts will get you on the fast track to feeling strong and amazing, every day. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/apply
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why icing isn’t the best way to treat pain
- How current research on icing doesn’t have lots of answers
- Why rest, ice, compression, and elevation won’t get rid of pain entirely
- And what you should do instead
- Movement Mavens: www.aewellness.com/mavens
- Swenson, C. , Swärd, L. and Karlsson, J. (1996), Cryotherapy in sports medicine. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 6: 193-200. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0838.1996.tb00090.x
- Hubbard TJ, Denegar CR. Does Cryotherapy Improve Outcomes With Soft Tissue Injury?. J Athl Train. 2004;39(3):278–279.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala: https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Body Freedom Self-Assessment – a free quiz that will guide you towards the best next step for you to get rid of tension, stiffness, soreness and pain – take it now at www.bodynerdshow.com
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline. Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com