Sleep is important, but did you know it plays a critical role in tissue healing, brain health and performance too? Today I’m joined by sleep nerd, Dr. Giancarlo Licata to chat all things sleep and why it’s the #1 thing you can do to shift your health.
A little bit everyday is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What happens to your body when you sleep
- Why time is less important than the type of sleep you’re getting
- And 3 biohacks that will help you sleep better tonight
- Vital Head & Spinal Care (Dr. Licata’s practice)
- Stages of sleep
- The Circadian Code: Lose Weight, Supercharge Your Energy, and Transform Your Health from Morning to Midnight by by Satchin Panda PhD
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker PhD
- Deep Sleep Gives Your Brain a Deep Clean
- Affect of sleep on weight-loss
- Sleep Loss Increases Anxiety — Especially Among Worriers
- How Deep Sleep May Help The Brain Clear Alzheimer’s Toxins
- Deep Sleep (N3) is essential for proper tissue repair and growth
- Oura Sleep Ring
- Whoop Sleep Tracker use code Vital15 to save 15%
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com
This was a great episode! Thank you for doing this!
So glad you enjoyed it!
I got this light alarm clock and it helps me wake up more slowly and feel more content upon waking than being jolted awake by an alarm.
Oh wow, looks like a cool clock…Thank you for sharing!
Hi there! Thanks for this great episode. Can you share more details about the “tremor” therapy you do to help yourself get sleepy?
Thanks for listening and happy to hear you enjoyed the episode!
Here’s a video explaining TRE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Flm8v8IKCg
and a longer video showing how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26zoFKZzbQc
it’s been really helpful for me and I’m still keeping with it!