If you’re a human – you’re stressed. No matter how you feel, your biology can’t distinguish between a work deadline and being chased by hungry lions. So what’s the best way to unwind? Is it forest bathing? Is it therapeutic tremors? Meditation?
A little bit everyday is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What happens to your body when you’re stressed
- How to relax so you can think more clearly and sleep soundly, every single night
- And why true relaxation requires more than just a Netflix binge session
- Forest bathing’s effect on physiology from the J Physiol Anthropol 26(2): 123–128, 2007
- Mindfulness and cortisol levels [research]
- Neurogenic tremor through TRE Tension, Stress and Trauma Releasing Exercises according to D. Berceli in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com