If you have back pain or sciatica – today’s episode is for you! The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body and can be a huge pain in the butt (literally). My only experience with sciatica in my 20s set me on a body nerd journey that brings us to today.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The anatomy of the sciatic nerve
- What causes sciatica
- And where to build strength so it doesn’t get irritated again
- Neutral Spine Exercise
- How to Hip Hinge Properly
- MRI Findings Not Helpful in Determining Herniated Disc-Related Sciatica Treatment
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com