Do you pee when you sneeze? Or cough? Laugh? Run? While it may be common, it’s not necessarily normal and you don’t have to just put up with it. On today’s episode, we’re focusing on one of the most critical aspects of your core and spinal stability – the pelvic floor (and no, this isn’t unique to women as all humans have pelvic floors!).
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why a weak pelvic floor is to blame for peeing when you laugh, but kegels aren’t the answer
- What breathing mechanics have to do with it
- And when you should consider going to a pelvic floor physical therapist
- Movement Mavens – get stronger and maintain your body with your own customized wellness plan – enrolment open until August 11, 2020! www.aewellness.com/mavens/
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com