If you took a break from workouts after the gyms closed earlier this year, you might have noticed that things like concentration and sleep got a little bit harder. But what actually happens to your brain when you exercise? And why do people who exercise seem to have more energy, even when they’re using it all the time?
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What happens to your brain when you exercise
- How exercise helps maintain chemical balance of the brain
- And how much movement you actually need to reap the benefits
- Exercise Influence on Hippocampal Function: Possible Involvement of Orexin-A
- Altenburg TM, Chinapaw MJ, Singh AS. Effects of one versus two bouts of moderate intensity physical activity on selective attention during a school morning in Dutch primary schoolchildren: A randomized controlled trial. J Sci Med Sport. 2016
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com