Have you ever heard that muscle memory and muscle confusion are the “secret” to getting stronger? I hope I’m not the only one who imagines tiny brains inside your muscles when you hear “muscle memory”. To be honest, the science behind what’s actually happening is nowhere near as catchy or marketable as “muscle memory”, but as a Body Nerd, I know you live to learn – and today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The science behind muscle memory
- Why it isn’t actually a thing
- And why understanding how it works will actually help you get stronger
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com