Are emotions really held in the hips? Today’s guest has all the reasoning behind why they are. I’m joined by somatic therapist, coach, and educator, Raina LaGrand.
We cover everything from how emotions and trauma are held in the body, how to get reconnected to yourself (even if breathing feels stressful), and the best ways to get grounded when the world around you feels out of control.
She’s the perfect person to ask if you really can release emotions in your hips 😜
With the neverending news cycle and disturbing images of a violent mob taking over the United States Capitol just a few weeks ago, I’ve been relying on my movement routines more than ever.
So if you too have been feeling out of sorts and are seeking ways to feel more settled in your body, Raina has tons of practical tips to share.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How emotions and trauma are held in the body
- If pigeon pose and stretching your hips will really release your feelings
- The best ways to reconnect with body, especially when breathing feels stressful
- @rootorisesomatics on Instagram
- Root to Rise Somatics – Raina’s website
- How to Get Stronger without Getting Hurt Workshop – www.aewellness.com/getstrong/
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com