If you flip open any anatomy textbook, you’ll see a lot of red muscle. What it’s missing is a key part: fascia.
While we talked about fascia in my anatomy dissection course in college – for the most part it was just the famous ones like the IT Band and plantar fascia.
So when I did a second dissection course after college and saw, first hand, how interconnected your body is because of fascia, it blew my mind.🤯
How did every textbook totally disregard a tissue that was literally everywhere?
If you’re thinking that fascia is way more important than it typically gets credit for, you’d be right.
So in celebration of the 100th episode of the show, I’m taking you on a deep dive into my favorite body structure: fascia.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- All about fascia
- The role of fascia in muscle soreness
- How to keep it healthy so you can keep moving with ease
- Gibson, William, et al. “Increased pain from muscle fascia following eccentric exercise: animal and human findings.” Experimental brain research 194.2 (2009): 299.
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com