Dr. Sarah Court, DPT busts fitness myths left + right for us this week. There’s enough nonsense about fitness on the internet and swirling through gyms everywhere, so Sarah and I are doing our best to tackle the most pervasive fitness myths, including: if you should stretch before a workout, if you have to do the same thing on both sides and if giving up is the only option when you have pain.
I love bringing the convos that Sarah and I have on our hikes to the show, so if you have a fitness myth you want debunked, let us know! Send me a message on Instagram (@hollaformala) and let me know what’s confusing you so we can chat about it in a future episode.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- If you should stretch before workouts
- If you should do identical exercises on both sides of your body
- And if you actually have to give something up forever just because it hurts
- @sarahcourtdpt on Instagram
- Sarah’s Website – www.sarahcourtdpt.com
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com