If something hurts – should you stretch it? Or do mobility?
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve seen someone ask for recommendations on the internet for an injury and 90% of the responses are “do this stretch!” or “try this foam roller thing”!
Which isn’t necessarily bad advice – but it’s sort of missing the point, in my opinion.
The way I see it – we need to be asking better questions and figuring out the best next steps that make sense for your body, goals, and where you’re starting from.
Maybe it’s mobility. Maybe it’s stretching. Maybe it’s neither. 🤷♀️
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The difference between stretching and mobility
- When to use mobility
- And how to figure out why you feel tight in the first place
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by RAD – save 15% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.RADroller.com . Feel better head-to-toe with mobility and recovery tools designed for everybody and every lifestyle. My current fave is the Centre – it’s great for your chest, neck and hip flexors AND makes a great gift for any bodywork newbie.
Shop now and use code BODYNERD to save at www.RADroller.com
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com