Does what you do in the gym have an impact on how you feel for the rest of your day too (and could that be optimized by syncing it with your cycle)?
For the last 6 months, I’ve been programming a specific type of workout based on where I was in my cycle. And the results have been super interesting.
I’m all about optimizing health and performance – and using your cycle as another data point is tapping into a powerful fifth vital sign.
If you don’t have a cycle and think that today’s episode isn’t for you – I promise you, it is. Especially if you have a spouse, partner, friend, or client who does have a cycle. This information will be helpful for you to better understand how to work with them!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How hormones impact your performance
- How to sync your workouts with your menstrual cycle,
- And why you don’t want (or need!) to be doing high-intensity workouts every single day
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Stacy Sims: Women are Not Small Men: a paradigm shift in the science of nutrition
- In the FLO: Unlock Your Hormonal Advantage and Revolutionize Your Life Paperback by Alisa Vitti
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by RAD – save 15% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.RADroller.com . Feel better head-to-toe with mobility and recovery tools designed for everybody and every lifestyle. My current fave is the Centre – it’s great for your chest, neck and hip flexors AND makes a great gift for any bodywork newbie.
Shop now and use code BODYNERD to save at www.RADroller.com
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com