One of my main goals with this show is to give you the knowledge you need to be able to separate fact from fiction. So I’m really grateful that my friend, and doctor of physical therapy, Dr. Sarah Court is joining me again today to help bust some fitness myths!
We took the questions submitted by YOU and did our best to explain why these myths are nonsense and what you can do instead.
I’m really excited to bring this to you as a regular segment 🥳 – so if you have a fitness myth that you’re not quite sure about – let us know by sending me an email, DM on Instagram, or by leaving a voicemail on the Body Nerd Hotline at 818-396-6501.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- If deadlifts are bad for your low back
- If spinal discs can actually slip
- And how to spot fitness truths from the lies
- Sarah’s website – sarahcourtdpt.com
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by RAD – save 15% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.RADroller.com . Feel better head-to-toe with mobility and recovery tools designed for everybody and every lifestyle. My current fave is the Centre – it’s great for your chest, neck and hip flexors AND makes a great gift for any bodywork newbie.
Shop now and use code BODYNERD to save at www.RADroller.com
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com