Your core and breathing muscles are one and the same – and after you’ve had back pain or a torso injury, relearning to use them properly is key.
Pregnancy, abdominal surgery, and that time you threw out your back and stayed on the couch for a week? All great reasons to pay attention to focus on your breathing and core muscles!
Since my conversation with today’s guest, physical therapist Jill Zimmerman, I’ve been paying closer attention to how I’m breathing and how it impacts my movement. And trust me, if you’re not practicing breathing, you need to be!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to build better core + body strength
- Why breathing is the best thing you can do for your back pain
- Rebuilding core strength post-partum and with a diastasis recti
- @JillZimmermanPT on Instagram
- Perfectlyfit – Jill’s PT Clinic in South Carolina
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com