Got heel pain? Achilles tendinitis usually resolves in a few weeks on its own – but what do you do when it lingers?
While I’ve never been lucky enough to deal with Achilles tendinitis personally, I have had my fair share of plantar fasciitis and ankle issues. I used to wear custom orthotics and the most supportive shoes you could buy — but now, I can easily go miles in my super-thin barefoot sandals and not worry about foot pain.
There are many many steps between the two and that’s exactly what I’m sharing in today’s episode.
So whether your heel pain developed from more time barefoot at home over the last year, overtraining, or you just woke up with it one day – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Everything you need to know to get rid of Achilles tendinitis
- Why ice and stretching aren’t the best fix
- And what I did to ditch the orthotics for barefoot shoes (while staying pain-free!)
- Plantar fasciitis foot fix [TikTok video]
- My best Foot and Ankle exercises [YouTube]
- Voodoo Floss Bands
- How to use VooDoo bands for ankle pain
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com