Just because something shows up on a scan or a doctor has told you that you have “grade 4 XYZ” does not mean you’re destined for a life of pain.
Today I’m sitting down with physical therapist Dr. Tracy John who doesn’t think an MRI tells the whole story.
Dr. Tracy will help you rethink how to approach back pain, down to the exercises to focus on and how to move about your day to keep your body feeling good.
So if you have back pain or are just interested in keeping your body feeling amazing no matter what, then today’s conversation is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to properly engage your core
- Why your MRI might not have anything to do with why your back hurts
- And how to get the best value from your healthcare providers
- Get Balanced PT
- @GetBalancedPT on Instagram
- 30 days of mobility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com