Do you have flat feet? Do you know how to tell if you do?
You’re not alone – almost 75% of people in the United States will suffer from foot pain at some point in their life.
Your feet are a sensory organ just as much as your hands and eyes are. And while flat feet or fallen arches may feel like a permanent sentence – they’re not.
I’ve been the person with custom orthotics and thick cushioned shoes. And I’m now the person who prefers barefoot and can go all day in minimalist shoes.
And while the difference between the two might feel like an impossible leap for you right now, I promise you that it’s not.
So whether you have any number of foot ailments like plantar fasciitis, flat feet, heel pain, tendinopathy, or more (or you just want to prevent them), today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to tell if you have flat feet
- The anatomy of the arch
- And my best flat foot fixes
- Foot Pain Fixes [YouTube]
- Holowka, N.B., Wallace, I.J. & Lieberman, D.E. Foot strength and stiffness are related to footwear use in a comparison of minimally- vs. conventionally-shod populations. Sci Rep 8, 3679 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-21916-7
- Goo, Y. M., Kim, T. H., & Lim, J. Y. (2016). The effects of gluteus maximus and abductor hallucis strengthening exercises for four weeks on navicular drop and lower extremity muscle activity during gait with flatfoot. Journal of physical therapy science, 28(3), 911–915. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.28.911
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com