Movement restrictions are super common if you’re working with a PT or are recovering from surgical procedures. And it wasn’t uncommon for me to work with patients in the physical therapy clinic who had been given similar instructions to avoid specific movements for a specific amount of time.
But there was always the lingering question of how long.
Should you avoid that movement for days?
On today’s show, I’m joined by physical therapist, Dr. Sarah Court, to learn about post-surgery recovery and exactly what you should do with those movement restrictions (including how long to follow them).
Sarah shares what her own surgical recovery looks like after a (very) recent double-mastectomy and the conversations to have with your surgeon to get you back to moving pain-free, as soon as possible.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The best way to manage your recovery post-surgery
- Questions you should be asking your surgeon
- And how to get back to moving, pain-free, no matter how long it’s been
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com