How does perfectionism get in the way of your health? On today’s episode, I’m joined by clinical and sport psychologist Dr. Eddie O’Connor who specializes in removing barriers to peak performance.
One area that non-athletes can focus on is optimizing sleep.
And while this isn’t our typical anatomy-based conversation, your body, mind, AND spirit can’t be separated without consequence.
Trust me, I was sweating bullets throughout most of this because Dr. Eddie saw right through my overachiever nonsense!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to change your relationship with pain
- How much sleep you actually need every night
- How perfectionism gets in your way
- And Dr. Eddie’s best tips to help you sleep better tonight
- Dr. Eddie O’Conner’s website
- When Positive Thinking Doesn’t Work
- Use code BodyNerd to join the Success Stories Membership now (message Dr. Eddie directly with the code)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode was brought to you by The Amino Co. Their essential amino acid blends are 100% backed by science to help you perform at your best, heal from within, and live life to the fullest. Whether your goal is to reduce inflammation, maintain muscle mass or improve focus – the Amino Co has you covered! Save 30% off your entire order when you use the code BODYNERD at www.AEwellness.com/amino.
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com