You don’t need to stretch your calves if you have plantar fasciitis.
I know this goes against everything you’ve probably heard about foot pain, but today’s episode will help you understand why it’s true.
Stretching your calves may temporarily relieve pain, but it doesn’t actually resolve the underlying cause.
When it comes to custom orthotics, plantar fasciitis (and the knee and back pain that come with it) – I’ve been there!
And while I needed the custom orthotics for a few months, I now prefer barefoot and am able to go all day in shoes with zero support without pain.
So if you have foot pain of any type – today’s episode is 100% for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- All about plantar fasciitis
- Why you don’t need to stretch your calves for foot pain
- Why icing isn’t as helpful as you might think
- And some simple fixes you can do instead
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com