You breathe 20k times a day, whether you’re thinking about it or not – so if you’re waking up with a dry mouth, experiencing brain fog, anxiety, or just feel generally “blah” – this simple breathing shift can make a big difference.
I’m joined by world-renowned breathing expert Patrick McKeown who shares his top strategies on how to breathe better to optimize your health.
So if you want to feel better, breathe better, and don’t want it to be overly complicated – today’s episode is 100% for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to breathe better starting by breathing less
- How your breathing pattern is affecting your congestion and nervous system
- And a super simple exercise that will help you sleep better and feel less stressed
- Buteyko Clinic International (Patrick’s Clinic)
- Oxygen Advantage
- Patrick on Instagram @buteykoclinic
- Atomic Focus: Harness the True Power of Your Brain, Develop Resilience Against Stress, and Get Focused with Simple Breathing Exercises to Change Your Mental and Physical State [BOOK]
- THE BREATHING CURE: Develop New Habits for a Healthier, Happier, and Longer Life [BOOK]
- The Oxygen Advantage: The Simple, Scientifically Proven Breathing Techniques for a Healthier, Slimmer, Faster, and Fitter You [BOOK]
- Myotape (mouth tape)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com