Learning is scary. Whether it’s a new subject or movement skill, to learn something new means putting yourself out there with a 100% guarantee that you will make a mistake.
But when it comes to movement, there can be an added layer of fear – what happens if I get hurt? My guest today knows all about going with the flow AND how to do it in a progressive and totally safe way.
I’m joined by Mike Fitch, fitness educator, movement coach and founder of Global Bodyweight Training and Animal Flow.
What I enjoyed most about my conversation with Mike is that he 1) is a huge body (and anatomy) nerd and 2) is a master at distilling how to learn new movement skills in a step-by-step way.
So if you’ve ever been tempted to try a new workout or just want to learn new skills without feeling like a dweeb – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to learn new movements and exercises safely
- The key to staying injury-free, no matter what
- Why body-weight is still Mike’s favorite training method
- AnimalFlow.com (courses, workshops, on-demand and more)
- Mike Fitch on IG @mikefitch.af
- Animal Flow on IG @animalflowofficial
- Watch We Invite You to Move an Animal Flow Film
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com