Have you ever noticed that when you’re stressed out your shoulders feel more tight than usual?
Or that your jaw tension is through the roof when you have a stressful presentation coming up?
It’s no big surprise to know that stress, pain, and tension are connected – that what happens in your body and what’s going on in your brain is connected by a two-way street.
And while we may know that on an intellectual level, actually doing something about it is an entirely different story.
In this episode, I’m joined by licensed therapist Natalie Moore who blends holistic modalities like mindfulness, somatic psychology and breathwork into her work.
And after a number of deep conversations while hiking the mountains around Los Angeles, I wanted to share her brilliance with you too.
Today’s episode is for you if you feel like you’ve tried all the things for your pain and nothing seems to help (or you just want to continue to learn how to maximize your health).
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How stress, pain, and tension are connected
- The relationship between mental health and physical health
- And a simple practice to connect your mind to your body (and leave pain behind)
- Brain in Pain Workshop – www.aewellness.com/braininpain – Saturday, March 19th 2022 @ 9:30am PT
- Natalie’s website
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com