Movement brings me joy – but I realize it’s not the same experience for everyone.
Maybe you’re struggling because of an injury or pain.
Or maybe, moving your body has become inextricably linked with a goal of weight loss (which has zapped all the fun from it).
You’re allowed to enjoy movement and my guest today knows all about that!
I’m joined by Barb Puzanovova, aka The Non-Diet Trainer who is a Health at Every Size, weight-neutral, and inclusive ACE-certified Personal Trainer, Behavior Change Specialist, and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
Due to her own story of recovering from an eating disorder, she empowers people to step off the scale and into their life so they can move their body with less rules and more joy.
And you know I’m all about having more fun 🥳
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What joyful movement is and how to incorporate it into your life
- How to stop exercising for weight loss
- And how to start your own joyful movement practice
- Barb’s Website – TheNonDietTrainer.com
- Barb on Instagram – @nondiet_trainer
- How to find a non-diet trainer in your area (from Barb’s Instagram)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com