Are barefoot shoes best for everyone (and every foot)? And what’s the best brand of shoe if you want happy and healthy feet and ankles (and get out of pain)?
The foot is complex – with 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments. And while wearing a wider, thinner soled shoe can help increase your foot strength and ankle mobility by allowing more of your foot to move, building up strength for barefoot shoes is best done gradually.
If you struggle with plantar fasciitis, foot pain, stiff ankles or tight calves – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What makes a shoe barefoot or minimal
- What to look for in barefoot shoes
- Tips on how to transition into barefoot shoes
- Barefoot Shoe Finder [website]
- Katy Bowman’s updated shoe list
- Foot and Ankle Exercises Playlist
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by The Bodywork Starter Guide. Learn the top places to roll right now for quick-relief, plus three reasons why stretching is only a temporary fix. Whether it’s back pain, plantar fasciitis, neck tension, shoulder pain or tight hips – I’ve got you covered. Get yours now at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com