Did you move your arms over your head today? Because if you deal with shoulder pain on a regular basis, moving your arms more is an easy fix.
And I get it – it seems too simple to work! But your body adapts to the shapes you make most often – and if you’re anything like me, you spend a good chunk of your day working on tech in front of you.
So if you have shoulder pain and are ready for some fixes (that won’t hurt) – I’ve got you covered with today’s episode.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- All about shoulder pain and common shoulder injuries
- How to strengthen and mobilize your shoulders without getting hurt
- And why you should be hanging out more often
- What is Shoulder Impingement? (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Rotator Cuff Exercise – Shoulder Push Backs (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Wall Slides for Bulletproof Shoulders (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Improve Grip Strength With Hanging (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Keep Moving In Place (Katy Bowman)
- Dynamic Home Reaching and Hanging Spaces (Katy Bowman)
- Hanging and Swinging 101 (Katy Bowman)
- Partial-Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear by Itself Does Not Cause Shoulder Pain or Muscle Weakness in Baseball Players
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you the Brain in Pain Workshop. Join me and licensed therapist Natalie Moore on Saturday, March 19th at 9:30 am PT to learn the science of why we get stuck in the pain cycle and a step-by-step practice to get out of it. Plus, you’ll save $15 off your registration when you use code “BODYNERD” at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com