Do you actually need to meditate to relax?
I get it – sitting up in lotus pose for a long time with your eyes closed is super stressful for many people. How do you know if you’re doing it right? What does “right” even mean? And is your low back supposed to feel like that?
Did you know that meditation and mindfulness aren’t the only way to relax? That you can also unwind from stress in a number of different ways, including petting an animal, getting outside, or humming your favorite song?
If you’re feeling stressed to the max (honestly, who isn’t 😳) and scrolling on social media isn’t really helping – then today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Mindfulness, meditation, and breathing
- And Why you don’t have to do anything fancy to help your body feel calm
- Anxiety and Your Brain with Dr. Giancarlo Licata (AE Wellness YouTube)
- 10 Minute Meditation – How To Meditate with Mindfulness and Breathing (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Calm Meditation App
- Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE for All)
- Tension/Trauma Releasing Exercises (Kalinda Kano)
- Short-Term Interaction between Dogs and Their Owners: Effects on Oxytocin, Cortisol, Insulin and Heart Rate—An Exploratory Study
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you the Brain in Pain Workshop. Join me and licensed therapist Natalie Moore on Saturday, March 19th at 9:30 am PT to learn the science of why we get stuck in the pain cycle and a step-by-step practice to get out of it. Plus, you’ll save $15 off your registration when you use code “BODYNERD” at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com