8 out of 10 people will experience back pain at some point in their lives. I know I’ve been there!
But just because your low back hurts doesn’t mean you should be focusing all of your mobility efforts there.
Everything in the body is connected – which also means that any of the muscles or tissues in and around your lower back could be contributing to pain.
In this episode, we’re focusing on the relationship between tight hip flexors and low back pain, specifically with a muscle called the psoas (so-as).
So if you have both low back pain and tight hip flexors, this one is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- All things low back pain
- How your hip flexors might be the cause
- And how to improve hip and low back flexibility and strength
- Hip CARs – Improve Hip Mobility (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Video: How to Hip Hinge Properly (AE Wellness YouTube)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you the Brain in Pain Workshop. Join me and licensed therapist Natalie Moore on Saturday, March 19th at 9:30 am PT to learn the science of why we get stuck in the pain cycle and a step-by-step practice to get out of it. Plus, you’ll save $15 off your registration when you use code “BODYNERD” at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com