What are your thoughts on kettlebells? Yay or nay?
I get it – kettlebells can be intimidating. Are you supposed to swing it around? Are they super duper heavy? How do you even use them?
Which is why I’m so excited to be joined today by kettlebell coach Damali Fraiser.
Damali teaches safe evidence-based kettlebell training, body positive fitness and sustainable nutrition that supports you in starting wherever you are and confidently moving forward to where you want to be.
And, as I found out during our conversation, she is a total body nerd, so we definitely get along 🤗
If you’ve been kettlebell curious or are looking for a way to change up your strength training (and want to be safe while you do it) – then today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How to get started with kettlebells
- Common misconceptions about kettlebells and strength training
- How to pick the right weight and style of kettlebell if you’re a beginner
- Damali’s site – Lift Off Strength
- @damali.fraiser on IG
- @liftoffstrength on TikTok
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you the Brain in Pain Workshop. Join me and licensed therapist Natalie Moore on Saturday, March 19th at 9:30 am PT to learn the science of why we get stuck in the pain cycle and a step-by-step practice to get out of it. Plus, you’ll save $15 off your registration when you use code “BODYNERD” at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com