Whether you’ve been injured, taking care of a loved one, or working through your own health issues – it’s totally normal to take breaks from your workouts from time to time.
And while building habits is important – you can always count on life to throw you a curveball and force you into a break.
But how do you get back into your workouts without overdoing it or getting hurt?
That’s exactly what I’m sharing in this week’s episode.
Because most of the time, it’s not the break that’s an issue… it’s trying to pick up exactly where you left off 😳
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How to restart your workouts after taking a break
- Why taking breaks is an important part of any movement routine
- And my top 7 ways to prep your body and nervous system to help you get back into working out safely
- When to go to physical therapy with Sarah Court DPT (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Movement is not exercise and how I weave recovery into my day (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Rib Cage Reset (AE Wellness YouTube)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you the Brain in Pain Workshop. Join me and licensed therapist Natalie Moore on Saturday, March 19th at 9:30 am PT to learn the science of why we get stuck in the pain cycle and a step-by-step practice to get out of it. Plus, you’ll save $15 off your registration when you use code “BODYNERD” at www.aewellness.com/braininpain/
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com