Piriformis issues can be a real pain in the butt. 🙄
If you’ve never had hip pain or sciatica, you might not be familiar with this small, pear-shaped muscle deep within the hip.
But if you’ve experienced pain here – you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Sciatica is not the only reason for pain in the low back, hips, or legs – so understanding the role this deep hip rotator plays can help you get relief, no matter the cause.
If you currently have hip pain or sciatica – this episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- All about the piriformis
- How piriformis syndrome relates to sciatica
- And the best movements to help with pain in your hips
- Glute and hamstring warmup aka the cure for glute-nesia (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Sciatica and Sciatic Nerve Pain Explained (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Piriformis syndrome: a rational approach to management (International Association for the Study of Pain)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com