When it comes to pain, ice is the go-to pain-reliever. But how does it actually work?
Does it penetrate all the way down to the joint to decrease inflammation? Can tissue injuries heal just from cold exposure?
Today, I’m joined by physical therapist Dr. Sarah Court and we’re talking about all things ice, including when and why you should ice an injury, how it works, and what to do instead of icing old injuries (and why it’s more effective).
So if you’ve ever sprained an ankle, iced your back, or are just a curious body nerd, today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at benb100.sg-host.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- When and why you should ice an injury
- How cryotherapy (ice) works
- And why you don’t need to ice old injuries (and what you can do instead)
- Sarah’s Website: https://www.sarahcourtdpt.com/
- Sarah’s IG @sarahcourtdpt
- Spinal Countdown workshop at Yoga House with Sarah
- Is it time to put traditional cold therapy in rehabilitation of soft-tissue injuries out to pasture? (World Journal of Clinical Cases)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – benb100.sg-host.com/mavens
- benb100.sg-host.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at benb100.sg-host.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com