Would you take a cold shower… intentionally? Because my guest today says you should, and she’s got the science to back it up!
I’m joined by nurse and Wim Hof instructor Christina Casey, who is sharing all the benefits of cold exposure, including why you should be taking cold showers, how the cold can reduce stress and improve immunity, and how to start incorporating it into your regular routine.
As someone who is always cold, I was a little skeptical of intentionally taking cold showers, but after this conversation, I’m seriously considering it.
So if you’ve heard of Wim Hof the Iceman or are just curious about more self-care strategies that can boost your health while reducing anxiety, check out today’s episode!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at benb100.sg-host.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why you should be taking cold showers
- The benefits of cold exposure (including less stress and better immunity)
- And how to start incorporating it into your regular routine
- Christina on IG @breathbodyandsoul
- Christina’s Website – christinacasey.com
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – benb100.sg-host.com/mavens
- benb100.sg-host.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at benb100.sg-host.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com