Scar tissue is pretty cool when you think about it. Your body has a built-in mechanism to repair and stitch itself back together after injury (or surgery).
But scar tissue isn’t anything like regular tissue. And that difference (and stiffness!) can be related to why you’re feeling so stiff after surgery.
So if you’ve had surgery recently, or it’s been years – and movement still feels like a challenge, especially around your scar?
Then today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The different types of scars and how they form
- Why scar tissue might be the cause of post-surgical sensitivity and pain
- How to keep your scar tissue healthy and mobile
- A Prospective study for effect of wound or scar tissue massage after thyroidectomy on neck discomfort and voice change (Iraq Medical Journal
- Is massage an effective intervention in the management of post-operative scarring? A scoping review. (Journal of Hand Therapy, 2022)
- Scar massage for hypertrophic burns and scarring—a systematic review (Burns, 2018)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at www.aewellness.com/mobility/
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com
I really liked hearing that it’s not too late to help a scar. I had a knee replacement years ago and ever time I stand from sitting it makes a crunching sound. I’m gonna work on it.
Yay! Keep me posted how it goes, Stacey!