When was the last time you massaged your guts? And if you’re thinking that sounds ridiculous – I agree.
The first time I learned about abdominal massage during a yoga training, it seemed absolutely bizarre. But after committing to rolling out my stomach every day for a week, I noticed some changes.
My lower back and overall digestion started feeling better (and my core work felt even more efficient).
So what changed?
Well, it ends up that the fluid in your body (called lymph) also loves a good massage – and abdominal massage is a great way to help it circulate.
And while the lymphatic system is usually only brought up in times of illness or infection – keeping your lymph moving can help you move better and feel better overall.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The anatomy of the lymphatic system (and why you should care)
- How movement affects lymphatic draining
- And how abdominal massage can be a key part of keeping your lymph moving
- How to do abdominal Massage [AE Wellness YouTube]
- A soft massage tool is advantageous for compressing deep soft tissue with low muscle tension: Therapeutic evidence for self-myofascial release
- Comparison of Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy and Connective Tissue Massage in Women With Fibromyalgia: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Mobility Mastery Toolkit – 30 days of mobility workouts for more strength + flexibility
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by AE Wellness Mobility Assessments. Not sure what you should be doing for mobility? Instead of trying a bazillion things and spending hours a day, get strategic coaching with a Mobility Assessment… with me! You’ll get your personalized mobility workout plan with the best mobilizations and activations for you, plus all the videos organized in custom playlists to keep things simple. Save $50 off your Mobility Assessment when you use code BODYNERD at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com