Back pain sucks – but not all back pain is sciatica.
I’m joined by physical therapist, Dr. Ashley Mak, who is sharing his best tools for sciatic pain relief and prevention.
As a true body nerd, he believes that you can live pain-free without the use of surgery and medications and teaches others how to make that a reality.
And after overcoming unrelenting back pain and sciatica as a college student, Ashley is now on a mission to share the path to pain-free with as many people as possible.
So whether you suffer from back pain of any type, then today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The anatomy of sciatica
- Common causes of sciatic nerve pain
- Easy lifestyle changes to help improve your back pain
- IFixYourSciatica.com [Ashley’s website]
- @ifixyoursciatica on Instagram
- The Sciatica Protocol [free 7-day text support]
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com