Welcome to summer. You’re hot. You’re sweating. You drink some water. But you wake up the next day with a headache…are you dehydrated?
And is 8 glasses a day really the fix?
In today’s episode, we’re diving into the deep end with all things hydration. Which means I’ll be busting the 8 glasses a day myth and share with you the surprising link between anxiety and hydration status that recent research has suggested.
So instead of just thinking you should probably drink more water – learn the science behind the WHY.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Your brain on water
- Dehydration, hypohydration, and overhydration
- And how much water you should actually drink every day
- TeaPigs Cold Brew
- LMNT Hydration Multiplier Salt Packet
- Hydration to Maximize Performance and Recovery: Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors Among Collegiate Track and Field Throwers
- Does dietary fluid intake affect skin hydration in healthy humans? A systematic literature review
- Reviewing the current methods of assessing hydration in athletes
- Of Mice and Men—The Physiology, Psychology, and Pathology of Overhydration
- Acute Dehydration Impairs Endurance Without Modulating Neuromuscular Function
- Electrolyte Beverage Intake to Promote Hydration and Maintain Kidney Function in Guatemalan Sugarcane Workers Laboring in Hot Conditions
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com