If you’ve been struggling with back or hip pain that you can’t quite solve, the pelvic floor could be the culprit. And while we normally talk about the pelvic floor in the context of postpartum, everyone has one.
And anatomically your pelvic floor is facially connected to your lower back, deep hip rotators, and overall core stability – whether you have a uterus or not.
Which is why I’m so happy to be joined (again) by body nerd Holly Middleton to talk bout all things breathing, posture, and the pelvic floor.
Holly is a former competitive dancer turned movement coach and physiotherapy assistant with a PhD in biology. In today’s episode, I share how she helped me figure out why my SI joint was in pain and an easy exercise I was able to do on my own for relief.
So if you’ve been experiencing discomfort or tension in any of those places, today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why Kegels aren’t the only (or best) exercise for all pelvic floor issues
The relationship between pelvic floor and breathing
Why pelvic floor dysfunction could be related to your shoulder, neck, hip, or low back pain
- Holly’s website: www.flowmovement.ca
- Holly on IG @flowmovementtherapy
- Find an Anatomy in Motion Practitioner near you – https://findingcentre.co.uk/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com