Did you know up to 1 in 3 Americans have bunions? You might have been told they’re caused by genetics – especially if other people in your family have them. Or maybe you’ve heard its because of high heels (even if you’ve never worn them).
The truth is, there are a lot of reasons why you might have bunions. But the good news, is there are things you can do to decrease foot pain that do not involve surgery.
If you’re hoping to avoid bunions, helping your feet, ankles, and calves move better is one of your best bets. Because I’ll never stop saying it: It’s all connected!
And whether you have bunions or you want to maintain foot health no matter what – today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Different types of bunions and their causes
- Why bunions aren’t just genetic
- And how to decrease foot pain without having surgery
- Foot Pain Fix (free course)
- Toe Stretchers
- Flux Footwear (use code BODYNERD10 to save 10% off)
- Anya’s Reviews (barefoot shoe finder)
- Core Topics in Foot & Ankle Surgery (Cambridge University Press)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com