Sometimes having pain seems very straightforward – you have a tear/bulge/strain in X so it hurts.
Have you ever experienced heel pain? Achilles tendonitis is fairly common – with almost 200,000 annual cases in the US. And while it commonly affects runners, if you have feet – you can have pain here.
And because of the Achilles’ direct connection to your plantar fascia, tendonitis and plantar fasciitis go hand in hand. (or is it foot in foot? 🤔)
So if you’re currently struggling with heel pain, have had it in the past, or just want to know what you can do right now to prevent it, today’s episode has you covered.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Anatomy of the Achilles tendon (aka the calcaneal tendon)
- The relationship of the Achilles to the plantar fascia
- And how to keep your feet, Achilles, and calves strong, flexible and pain-free.
- Help for Achilles pain and tendinitis (@aewellness TikTok Video)
- A Narrative Review of the Classification and Use of Diagnostic Ultrasound for Conditions of the Achilles Tendon (Diagnostics, 2020)
- Chronic Achilles tendon pain treated with eccentric calf-muscle training (Sports Medicine, 2003)
- It is NOT the Gastrocnemius, Soleus, or Achilles …. What Could It Be? A Plantaris Muscle Injury (Sports Medicine Reports 2015)
- Plantar fascia anatomy and its relationship with Achilles tendon and paratenon (Journal of Anatomy, 2013)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com